cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD configuration for DXI / PXI technical systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a problem when transporting XI configuration objects from XI dev to XI prod. The transport objects arrive in XI prod, but the name of the business system (for the SAP backend system) is not converted from dev business system (T01CLNT010) to prod business system (P01CLNT01) although the transport target for T01CLNT010 business system was set correctly (we are using business system groups Dev and Prod). And the "related integration server" for T01CLNT010 was also set correctly to DXICLNT010.

But then I noticed that the technical system for the DXI (XI Dev) is configured as follows:

TMS Domain ("DOMAIN_PXI") and TMS Transport Group Name GROUP_PXI ("GROUP_PXI") have the same values as PXI. Is that correct ?? We are using file transport, not CMS.

Another strange effect is that when I set the group in business system DXICLNT010 to Dev, that is also applied to business system PXICLNT010 ! Which is of course not what I want.

I assume I have to associate DXICLNT010 to Dev and PXICLNT010 to Prod, same as for T01CLNT010 / P01CLNT010. Correct ? Or does the group in the XI business systems not matter ?

Can anyone post an example of a working SLD configuration with two XI system dev and prod ? What values do I have to use in the XI technical and business systems, so that the transport will work ?

CSY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's obviously something wrong in the SLD configuration for the exchange infrastructure systems. The error you're describing (one system pointing to another) usually occurs when one system is generated through homogeneous system copy of another system (was that your case?). I've seen that behaviour once and they corrected it by manually deleting the exchange infrastructure systems from SLD and creating them again from scratch.

Anyway, I highly recommend you to get an expert NW Basis consultant to realize a check in it before you proceed any further.

Aside of that, you're correct in your assumptions.

Your config in SLD should be like:

DEV_GROUP:

- DXI

- T01

PRD_GROUP:

- PXI

- P01

It's always 1 XI BS per group.

Also, if you use separate SLDs for XI Dev and XI Prd, you have to make sure that this configuration is reflected in both SLDs. So, if you make it one SLD instance, you must generate a delta export zip file from the SLD where you did the configuration and import this zip file in the other SLD instance.

If you use a central SLD, then it's not necessary.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved, real nasty issue. There existed a service on production which had the same name as the business system. This confused the SAP transport manager. SAP says that will be fixed in SP 22. Until then, make sure you do not have services with same name like business system.

Reason for that service was that we receive ALE#KU idocs. Solution for that is to associate the business system to the needed sender partner in XI, but not create the same service name !

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Suppose u ahve three transport group.

1) PID-Business system-BS_DEV

2) PIQ-BS_QA

3) PIP-BS_PROD

U have to create the business system which is mentioned above and assign the business system to groups.

Now if u r transporting the objects from Qa to Prod then u go to Qa group click on BS_QA business system and then click on transport and in the target u give the target system name as BS_PROD.

this will take care of verything while transport.

chriag

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, but can you give an example of the configurations of the technical and business system objects which describe the XI dev and prod system themselves ?

The business systems which refer to the SAP backend systems are configured correctly as described in your blog link.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u mean how to configure the Ts and BS?

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, but for the XI systems themselves. Not a rookie description, I know how to create TS / BS. But:

- does the TMS domain and TMS Transport Group Name have to be the same values in DXI and PXI technical system ? Probably not (?)

- the group of the BS: for DXI dev and for PXI prod, I assume ? Currently, both are assigned to prod, which is nonsense probably

And currently, in the list of "Integrated business systems" DXI occurs in the BS of PXI and vice versa. This is quite strange.

Maybe the reason for the chaos was really that the PXI system was copied at some time in the past to DXI. But we need to clean that up now.

by the way, we have only one SLD.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

U have to follow the same example which I said in my previous reply.

I dont know who has done this settings but i guess it is not correct.

chirag