Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuning an integration process

frank_schmitt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want tuning an integration process. There are JDBC- and RFC-Adapter in use. The Process-Steps are mostly assynchron; so it is possible making parallel processing by using more queues. How i can tuning synchron processes? In the configuration of the rfc-adapter it is possible to declare initial (only send) and maximal connections. Whats about setting this to the max. to 50? What are inital connections; setting this to 50? How tuning jdbc-adapter (higher sizing of pooling)?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

in case you are using QoS EO you will be able to tune partially through the tuning parameters in the integration engine (sxmb_adm), although I think you probably know that. However there are additionally some issues you could consider.

Regarding your question of setting the rfc adapter max connections to 50 I would strongly suggest you NOT to do it. I imagine you will get outofmemmory errors in doing that. Start with a lower number, perhaps 5 is ok, and then you can test, raising this value a bit, but 50 seems to me to be too high. You could also think about tuning in the visual admin, the Messaging system service, that is, SAP XI AF Messaging, parameter "messaging connections", the values for consumers, recvmaxConsumers, call max consumers, rqst max consumers etc. Additionally tune the MaxThreadcount parameter. The tuning guide advises you to set a 300, but you could test other values too.

Be careful, again when doing this tuning, because when trying to have high numbers, as I explained you, you may have memory problems because the heap size runs out. It will not always be good to increase the heap size excesively. Instead, it is much better to add an extra node for this purpose.

I hope this helps you a bit. Regards, Jaime