cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value contract and pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am working on value contracts. I have configured value contract and other related things. But I have some querries:-

1) Can I use standard order as release order for value contract?

2) Do I need to create a different pricing procedure for value contract? If Yes wont it conflict with the pricing procedure determined in the relaese orders?

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Danny.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use standard order as release order. As far as value contract pricing is concerned, yes you need to have a separate pricing procedure for contracts. The document pricing procedure needs to be different from other types as well.

regds

Jude

Edited by: jude xavier on Oct 27, 2008 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Can I use standard order as release order for value contract?

Ans: If you use the standard order as the release order document type, how would your restrict a particular customer for the orders (release)

For example: you have something as FOC value Contract.

Now when you can create a standard order same as the release order , how will you restrict the users from creation of orders for a particular customer.

2) Do I need to create a different pricing procedure for value contract? If Yes wont it conflict with the pricing procedure determined in the relaese orders?

Ans: To explain the q1 better , take the example of FOC value Contract( Free of costs)

Say : you business offers free products to customers.

Now the release order will can have a different pricing procedure than the Standard.

The difference would only be a R100 condition type which will make the price as Zero but the taxes will be applicable.

This explains why you should have a different order type for release orders.

regrads,

A S