cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: Warning needed when CM and DEV is the same user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I forbid a user who is for example change manager in our charm - scenario to be a developer a the same time.

but this user has to have the authoraty to be both of them.

I ve found a function that brings out a warning to the processor when he is developer and tester in one person.

But I do not understand how its works.

Can you help?

Kind regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can someone help?

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk!

There is something similar which you may make use of:

SPRO -> Make Settings for Change Transaction Types -> your transaction type -> Use Partner Functions

Column 1 (User Status) is the user status for which the condition will be checked or action perfomed respectively.

Column 2 is the partner function to which the business partner of the current user will be assigned to when the document is save in the specfied status (Column 1)

Column 3 is a check for which the result is negative if the business partner of current user is the same as the business partner assigned to the partner function speficied in this column.

So basically in your scenario it depends on your workflow.

Lets say the change manager is already assigned when the document got created (E0001).

You do not want the change manager and developer to be the same person.

You need to specify a user status (lets say E0002 - in developement) which is reached when the developer/current user is taking the document in developement. You would set column 1 to E0002, column 2 to SDCD0001 (developer) and column 3 to SDCR0002 (change manager).

Now when E0002 is being set, the bp of current user will be assigned to function "developer" and a check will be performed if the bp of current user is already assigned to function change manager. If true check will be negative. This check only applies if you specify condition "SAME_USER" to user status E0002 in section "assign conditions".

You need to adapt this to your needs. Basically there is no generel check for your needs I think.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks a lot. Sounds really good. But.....

... I cant find the path .... SPRO -> Make Settings for Change Transaction Types -> your transaction type -> Use Partner Functions

Can you please assist... thank you very much

kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I found it. Thanks a lot.

Kind Regard

Dirk

Answers (0)