cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP authorization roles for sales and distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you tell me the different roles that are useful only for SAP Sales and Distribution module.Assigning those role to a user, he can able to access only SD related transactions and data.(Not other than that)

I have assigned role "SAP_LO_SD_SALES_ORD_PROCESSING" to new user for sales order processing. Only the actions that are possible using this role are comes in SAP menu when i log in with that new user. But when i double click on any one option say "Change Sales Order" under menu, it is showing me message "You are not authorized to use transaction VA02".

Is there any other role that should be assigned to run the transactions??

Also tell me how to identify about the access details about the particular role? I have tried PFCG and SUIM transactions. They gives list of roles available but not able to find more details about the role. (i.e. by X role, which operations are possible and which are not?; something like that).

Any help??

Thanks,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Jagdale (Genius) on Oct 27, 2008 11:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

look into the profile that has been assigned to the user. In the profile generator, you can mention if all the Create/Change/Display are allowed for the transaction or not based on Authorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SD, ideally roles and autorization are identified and updated to Basis consultant, who does the configuration. We have to isentify that what authorization is applicable for which user.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

unlike in other modules like FI or CO, the role for SD is significantly a more dynamic one. usually you will have to define your own roles for assignments to users.

before you even create a role using PFCG, you must create an authorization matrix. this matrix should list the user roles your client requires, and the authorized t-codes (transactions and reports) that each role will be restricted to. only after you have agreed with the client on roles and restrictions will you then proceed to create roles in PFCG.

after restricting the t-codes, which you will list in the Menu tab using PFCG, you will then make restrictions (in Authorizations tab) based on organization (e.g. company code, sales org, distribution channel, division, sales office, sales group, etc.). you can also make further restrictions on master data access.

other restrictions will depend on the authorized access to transactions. if the user role is not given access to other modules (e.g. credit management), most likely you will not have to make restrictions nor will you be able to.

regards.