Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precondition fault; SAP NSP instance already installed

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to install SAP Sneak Preview 7.0 EhP1, with the new WD4A features. I already had one installation that failed. Therefore, the official uninstall was not yet present in c:\sap\nsp\uninstall. So I had to delete all files and folders manually. I also used the registry cleaning tool, checked the host file and services file. But still, when trying to (re)install it, on the first check of the installation wizard, I keeps giving me the error, that there is already an NSP system running /installed, which in fact is not (no longer) true. What else should I do to overcome this error?

Kind regards,

Micky.

Edited by: Micky Oestreich on Oct 27, 2008 6:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you looked in your Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services to see if the SAPNSP_00 service is still present/running? What about the MaxDB service (MAXDB: NSP)?

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I can still see SAPNSP_00 in the services, however it is no longer running. Is there a way to delete it from the list? About the MaxDB, it wasn't installed yet during the first (failing) installation/

Sorry, for posting it in the other forum, but at least I got a reply.....that should count for something (at least for me).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAPNSP_00 still being in the services is defintely a problem. The registry cleanup tool should have removed that as well. You will have to edit the registry manually to remove that service. However that makes me wonder what else the registry cleanup tool might have missed.

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

thanks for the help. I manually deleted most of the entries from the registry, now I know what to search for. Yesterday, I spent the better part of the day searching the registry for entries like 'nsp' etc. I started the installation proces just now, and at least it passed the first actual check. Seems to be working now.

Thanks, again.

Answers (0)