cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting more information from XI XSLT mapping failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am getting to grips with XI. When developing XSLT mappings I first run them on Stylus or XMLSpy, ensure they work, and then deploy them to XI.

Unfortunately they sometimes fail to work in XI, and the amount of information retrieved about the failure is very small.

I thought of a method to get more infomation in situations like this. I could write a Java method that sends messages to the XI console. This would involve seeing the javadoc API for GlobalContainer, Container and AbstractTrace. I would also need to have these objects in my classpath in order to compile the method. Then I could use the method in the XSL.

There are two small drawbacks to this plan: I cannot find the Javadoc or the Jar file holding the classes.

Perhaps one of you readers could either tell me where these things are, or suggest a better method of solving problems like this.

In either case I look forward to receiving a reply.

Thanks

Bill Logan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your plans look very clever&brave to me... I'm on the same tune usually.

But in this case (that might sound trivial) have you had a look at Error handling in XLST?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/7672f7d7e444439fd7024f806221a4/content.htm

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion,

completely forgot about the simpler <xsl:message/> command. I tried this, and it worked fine in Stylus.....but not in XI.

I think the problem s when the file is being loaded. An alert box pops up. It says

"Transformer configuration exception occurred when loading XSLT GDS_to_DP.xsl (http://sap.com/xi/GDSConsole, 155fc320-f69f-11d8-97f7-c0140a114c15, -1)"

and the trace window says this

"10:00:13 Start of test

Creating XSLT mapping GDS_to_DP

URIResolver called with href = GDS_DP_Common.xsl and base = GDS_to_DP.xsl

Source resolved. System id = GDS_DP_Common.xsl

10:00:14 End of test"

It seems obvious (from deduction) that the problem lies in GDS_DP_Common.xsl. XI will not give me any information precisely where this occurs

Thanks for you earlier answer Alessandro

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem man, but I'd give it a try at runtime, not while testing. You should get detailed info in the trace header section of the message in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (0)