Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating zipped file which contain multiple files

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a problem which i would like some advice about:

i need to recieve from a FTP server multiple files and then zip them all in one big zip file.

now i checked the forums and all i found is using PayloadZipBean which in all the examples create a zip file with one .txt in it.

is it possible to create multiple files in the zip using this module?

another problem if the one big zip file is what if each of the files inside the zip file has it's own mapping...

i think a BPM is a must here and a parallel one also with a correlation...

i would like if it's possible to do something different as the correlation between the files is a bit complicated?

regards and thanks a lot,

Roi Grosfeld

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First,

I would like to understand your requirement. Is it to only download and zip the files in to one file? XI is not the solution. A OS level script or some C program is what I would use for that which calls some FTP APIs.

If you requirement is to get different files with different format but want to send them to one desintation which accepts files in only one format, I would not consider zipping them into one file and again unzipping then and executing a mapping XI. Instead, I would have different file adapter for each type of the file and use as many sender agreements with diffrent mappings.

Hope it made some sense..!!

VJ