cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does ABAP webdynpro architecture works......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to Abap webdynpro and i have a task to finish.

Basically i gone through many documents on WDA, but was able to understand very little.

I have following questions --

1. When u create component, what is the use of component controller?

2.. What exactly context and context node difference? Do we need to create an attribute(input box, button etc), under one context?

3. How can i read the date entered by user? where to read? If i want to read a particular iinput box data and save it to database table, how and where it has to be done?

4. How can i read the table data, complete table of UI?

5. What is an interface controller/component?

I still have lot of doubts about understanding MVC architecture, but I am so so sorry as I have little scope OO abap, so fining difficult to understand.

Kindly if someone explain me I would be greatfully thankfull to you.

Thanks in advance,

Niraja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

I am replying to your questions 1 by 1.

+When u create component, what is the use of component controller?

+

Ans A component controller contains the context,attributes, methods etc for a component. No component can exist without this.Even a view has its own controller having same contents.

All the tabs which you see after clicking on COMPONENT CONTROLLER constitute the controller.

What exactly context and context node difference? Do we need to create an attribute(input box, button etc), under one context?

Ans: Context itself is a context node, but the only difference is that its the root and has unchangeable properties.It has a fixed cardinality of 1..1 where as a node can have different properties.

All nodes and attributes for different UIs are created in the context only.

How can i read the date entered by user? where to read? If i want to read a particular iinput box data and save it to database table, how and where it has to be done?

Ans: Data can be read in form of nodes and attributes. Every UI element for example an Input field will be bound to a attribute.

You can read these values by code ( use CODE WIZARD).

You can code in any methods given under method tabs.

You can create your own methods like event handlers for buttons and different events. You can write all your queries in these methods

+How can i read the table data, complete table of UI?

+

Ans: If u mean by reading the whole node data, I would suggest you to use code wizard and understand the code.

5. What is an interface controller/component?

Ans: If you want to share your component and make it available for use in other components you define your make your methods and context visible in this controller .

Please see the link below for whole Web Dynpro ABAP help.

[WD ABAP|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/1f6442a3d9e72ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

I would suggest you to understand things and try them and then come with doubts.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sumit,

Thanks alot.

What exactly is the CODE WIZARD? when do we need to click this button? and how can we acheive to read an input box value?

can u give me some steps on reading the data from UI and saving it to a Z table or standard table?

ALso, if suppose i need to pass the complete data to a FM, how it has to be read and passed to FM and where in which method?

Basiclly i have data on UI and need to pass that data to create Sales order.

Thanks in advance,

Niraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

Follow these steps

1) Create a button "read Input' on the same view.

2) Define an action (see in button's properties) 'Read'

3) After action is created you will find a event handler method in methods tab with the name ONACTIONREAD.

4)Double click on it and a code window will open.

5)See below the menu bar there a re various buttons. The code wizard button is on the right ( its a magic stick icon).

6)Click on the Wizard button and choose 'READ NODE/ATTRIBUTE' button.

7)Enter the name of the attribute and click OK.

😎 You will get the code.

Now you can pass this data to any variable or internal table column.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Sumit...

One more last question...

Do you have any example of WDA, where it creates more than one tabs(tabs like in CRMD_ORDER) with few input boxes, then on one click it should read all the values from all the tabs and save the data?

It would be great help if you give some example which does this.

Thanks in advance again.

Niraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

htanks all