cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is is possible to shutdown the Java Cluster using an OS command?

0 Kudos

We have a Netweaver 7.0 dual stack system. How can we shutdown the java cluster only using a Unix OS command? I tried "stopsap j2ee" but that shutdown the j2ee and abap services. I only want to shutdown the j2ee services (dispatcher,server & sdm). I know you can shutdown the java cluster using SMICM and jcmon, but these are interactive interfaces. I am trying to create an Unix script just to shutdown the java components.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I understand and I have successfuly shutdown Java only using smicm and jcmon utility interactively. I was hoping someone knows how to do this with an unattended unix script.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the sapstop j2ee, but that shutdown the Abap and J2EE instances. I havent been able to figure out how to shutdown just the j2ee components through a unix script. I understand how to shutdown them down interactively from SMICM and jcmon, but that doesnt help my situation.

Thanks

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In dual stack you can't bring down Java ONLY neither by MMC nor by any command.

I hope you are already aware that from SMICM, you can is the control from SAP ABAP dispatcher to send kill signal to the Java startup and framework. This is the only way to stop/start Java only.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus...

The command STOPSAP with the switch J2EE stop SAP NetWeaver

as per SAP start/stop

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/71/1c9a4267f9c66ae10000000a155106/content.htm

but may be try this

STOPSAP.EXE name=<SID> nr=<SYSNR> SAPDIAHOST=<host>

one thing remembered ABAP Schema has formula SAP<SID> ( Database Schema), but in Java Schema SAP<SID>DB ( there is additional u201CDBu201D).

ABAP instance called DVEBMG<system number>, JAVA/SCS Instance called SCS<java system number>, commonly, for example my server uses DVEBMG00 and SCS01

thnx....