cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving information using URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question related to Web Dynpro.

I am writing a Web Dynpro application which contains an I-frame that points to a string which holds an URL (e.g. myUrl). This myUrl is to startup an application "XYZ" from another vendor. This application "XYZ" shows up nice inside the I-frame. Now I want this application "XYZ" to sent me some information back to this Web Dynpro application.

How can this be done?

Is it possible in a way that the Web Dynpro 'listens' to a specific" URL and retrieves some URL-parameters.

Would be nice if anyone could give me a hint.

Bertil Rebergen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertil Rebergen,

Can you please let me know how did you find the solution ? i.e Reading and writing b/w webdynpro and non webdynpro application ?

Thanks,

Vinit

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Bertil,

a portal-based inter-application-navigation scenario is described within the following WebLog from Jochen Guertler:

<a href="/people/jochen.guertler/blog/2004/11/12/web-dynpro-best-practices-how-to-combine-your-web-dynpro-application-with-existing-non-web-dynpro-content to combine your Web Dynpro application with existing non Web Dynpro content</a>

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't use IFrames to communicate between applications, use the Portal mechanisms instead.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertil,

<i>This application "XYZ" shows up nice inside the I-frame. Now I want this application "XYZ" to sent me some information back to this Web Dynpro application.</i>

No way except for startup URL parameters. But in this case your outer application will restart.

<i>Is it possible in a way that the Web Dynpro 'listens' to a specific" URL and retrieves some URL-parameters.</i>

No, this is impossible. Again, WD application may only accept URL parameters on start.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Web dynpro application can get some info in this way :

WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("wi_id");

What's the difference of this way with the way define startup plug parameter in the component interface's default inbound plug?

I found when I use the web dynpro as the action hander of UWL item type, it is all ok. But when i created a web dynpro iview and set the iview as the UWL action handler, the web dynpro can get the wi_id.

Any hint?

Regards,

Xiaoming Yang