cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print command from linux PC on to Windows Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have SAP on Windows and the network printer is also on Windows, the PC with Linux is integrated with network printer i.e when the print command from Linux is given the output is available from the printer (Windows). But when the print command is given through SAP there is no output from Printer (Windows).

When same user logs into Windows the printer command is successful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor.

Kindly create the new question thread about your detail issues

Regards

SS

vtsuchidak
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error, but I'm printing from Windows. Did you get to solve your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hari,

Printing SAP documents using Linux client is a little bit tricky if you want to get good printing result just as when you print from your Windows client.

If you want to use G printing method (on Linux client), you can't use SAPWIN on device type since SAPWIN is relying printing method. You must use exact printer driver. For example when you're using Dot Matrix printer Epson LX300+, you can use EPESCP2

I am using different method to cheat this and it's completely work.

ardhian

http://ardhian.kioslinux.com

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Printer is working fine as a network printer, all the applications output is perfect. But when it comes to SAP Printout, the output is

SAPWIN%Cbp1s1p

1984,2911;0;Times New Roman;20200x50;0,0,0;Menu tree display

1984,3271;0;Times New Roman;10200x50;You can display the menus.......

Numeral in front, font type and somemore numerals. And followed by the actual text.

The Server is Windows and end users are on Linux and printer is also on Linux.

Hari Mohan

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are using a wrong printer driver at Windows level. change to a valid one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a print error the printout through SAP is giving numerals and font information on every line and the subject text is followed by.

But when the print command is given from window the output is perfect.

Hari Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

For linux I am using Device type is SAPWIN : Rel.4.x/SAPlpd4.09+ONLY Host printer is _default Host spool is G: In Linux I have put the correct drivers (downloaded from website) as we are getting the prints of Openoffice spreadsheets and the writer perfectly.

Hari Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

The printer is SamsungML1610 with windows OS as enduser and printer on Windows the print is perfect. Only from Linux system as OS the print is not proper ie printing the numericals and Times New Roman and the text of the ocntent in every line.

The drivers are perfect

Hari Mohan

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which printer driver are you using on Linux? This is where the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for the reply. I could connect to the printer. Now the problem is every line starts with few numerals and Times New Roman is written and then the subject of the print.

Can anyone solve this issue.

Hari Mohan

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are probably using a wrong printer driver. What is the actual printer model and which driver are you using in SPAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using JAVA GUI on linux?

if yes then you need to define new printer in SAP with access method G and Device Type SAPWIN 4.x

use this printer in sap to getting print from linux host.

regards,

kaushal