cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if I should install netweaver firstly before install ecc6??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know the relationship between ecc6 and netweaver7.

If I want to install ecc6, is that means I should install netweaver7 firstly.

can you give me your advices. thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

No need to install Netweaver7.0 for installation of ECC6.Get the ECC6 software package and install.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

but ecc6 is based on netweaver7, I can not understand the relationship between ecc6 and netweaver7.

could you tell me ?

thanks

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

ECC6 is the ERP software. which is based on Netweaver platform.

Starting R/3 4.7 Enterprise, all SAP releases are based on Netweaver which is the technical platform for the upper layer components. So ecc6 requires netweaver as a platform. but there is no need to install nw7, as when you choose ecc6, it also installs the netweaver platform.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help.

then after I install ecc6 only, which parts are netweaver7, and which parts are ecc6?? In my ecc6 system, netweaver7 contains what??

I am still confused between nw7 and ecc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Yes ECC6 runs on Netweaver technology.when you will be installing ecc6 from the installtion master it will give you the option of installing netweaver component like PI.If you want you can install it unless only select the abap and java component.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I only install ecc6 , I do not choose any nw options. then will nw be installed together within my choosing of ecc6 install only??

thanks

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

True, thats because ECC is based on Netweaver componets. which is the base for SAP's orientation towards ESA. (Enterprise service architecture)

have a look on the help site. might hep.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/ca/6fbd35746dbd2de10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

"SAP NetWeaver is the basis for SAP solutions"

Regards,

Debasis.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
then after I install ecc6 only, which parts are netweaver7, and which parts are ecc6?? In my ecc6 system, netweaver7 contains what??

if you see in a ECC6, you will find no of addon components like EA-* extension sets, SAP_APPL components .. they are ECC functionality. SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS, SAP_BW are the part of WebApplication Server which provides the runtime environment..

But if you see in a BW system, which is also based on netweaver, you will find SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS, SAP_BW which are the application components of netweaver. it wont have SAP_APPL as BW system doesn't have the functionality of ECC. simple!

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (0)