cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new user in Netweaver system for ABAP training?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had been learning ABAP using a trial version but recently purchased and installed a developer subscription of Netweaver 2004 SR3. Can someone please tell me the best way to create a new user for ABAP development and assign the needed transaction authorizations appropriate for a developer? I was able to create one in SU01 and assign a profile of S_ABAP_ALL but still could not get into SE80 with that logon. And the user had a license expiration of only one month, is there a way to obtain a permenant license for it from SAP?

Thanks

-Chris Piret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

I have already installed the license for the Netweaver system itself. And with your answer I was able to create a new user and assign the SAP_ALL profile to it. I can now access the developer tools but still get a message saying I need to get a developer key on OSS. So far, I haven't been able to find the page on the Service Marketplace to request the key. Do you have a link for it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. -Chris

debasissahoo
Active Contributor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to register the developer user on the the SSCR page and enter it in the SAP front end. Thanks for the reply.

-Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can create a role in t-code pfcg with all required transaction and assign it to your user id or else You can assign profile sap_all to you for all authorization.

Regarding license you can get it from sap.How to get it is explained in the document in the below link.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006339962006E

For ABAP development you need developer key and that also you will get from sap marketplace

Regards

Ashok