SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative stock and material valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In material master we have following situation, during procurement of row materials we have defined moving average price, same row material is after used in production and affects calculation of costing price which is calculated at the end of period, mothly basis. Now, we need first price on receiving plant correct but if stock on plant is negative than amount of price goes to cost account and is treated like standard and no more like moving average price and it also affects all receiving plants and their valuation.

So, my question is, is any other option, method or any suggestion how to keep negative stock but to have realistic moving average price?

Kind regards,

Anchi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anchi,

i hope you to Pay attention to the plant in which you want to change the moving average price and the valuation type (if any) that is used for this material and do chk for MARD Table.

Please check wheather neg stock is allowed allowed for that particular material in material master in Plant data/Store2 view.

Suggestion: 1. If in case if you want to change the MAP you can use T Code ; MR21

Path--> Logistic / material management / valuation / Valuation / Price determination / Change price .

Enter, the material, plant and valuation type and change it accordingly. New Price for (MAP)

Suggestion: 2 Go to OMS2 under Valuation tab,change the Price control for the particular material type, as STD Price and acct car ref. but make sure that your earlier customising setting remain same.

Thanks

Satish

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anchi,

i hope you to Pay attention to the plant in which you want to change the moving average price and the valuation type (if any) that is used for this material and do chk for MARD Table.

Please check wheather neg stock is allowed allowed for that particular material in material master in Plant data/Store2 view.

Suggestion: 1. If in case if you want to change the MAP you can use T Code ; MR21

Path--> Logistic / material management / valuation / Valuation / Price determination / Change price .

Enter, the material, plant and valuation type and change it accordingly. New Price for (MAP)

Suggestion: 2 Go to OMS2 under Valuation tab,change the Price control for the particular material type, as STD Price and acct car ref. but make sure that your earlier customising setting remain same.

Thanks

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Sadish,

No, problem is of another nature, problem is that when material for a certain plant is with negative stock

stock = 0 and material V price = 1,

PO for 10 pc * 2 u20AC = 200,

GR = stock account 100

GR/IR 200

price difference = 100

but during GI system is issuing at material price = 1. And during stock tranfer from plant to plant it is with price 1 not 2. During moving average price and negative stock, moving average price is treated as standard price not moving. Until negative stock is covered system is calculating material like with standard price and I want to know what is possible solution for negative stock to have on all other plants and cost center corect curent price.

thanks

0 Kudos

hi anchi,

if possible can you try with off set entry for the price difference of 100 usd. so as to trade off the account. so the materials which is having negative stock in some of the plants and more over, the system is considering the std price instead of MAP.

I dont the extact setting which is done..but you can try this option.

BT

Satish .

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I also though of it but is not a solution because I don't have realistic price because my documents for row materials are late. What I would like to know what other coleques did in this case. Maybe, some program to adjust the price change at the end of period and to recalculate expenses or something else? There must be something that can be done in this case, I don't think it is a new thing. I think that every company or industry that has production is dealing with the same problem, they can not stop production because documents for GR are late?

Thanks,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anchi,

This problem occurs many times. In this case we need to upload a stock with respect to open order. price will get updated.

Thanks

Pravin