cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing F4 functionality inside a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have implemented an F4 functionality for an input field that is inside a table. F4 functionality was implemented using EVS.

I retrieve the information from backend and put the values at runtime into the inputfield. I am retrieving last name, first name from the backend and displaying

it into the F4 help list. But the problem is that if there are two persons withe same last name, only one of them comes up in the F4 help list.

For example:

when I write the code as:

valueset.put("bond", "james");

valueset.put("bond", "jack");

valuset.put("bond", "tim");

only one particular name comes up in the F4 help. This might be because the first column in the F4 help is a key.

Any other way to do this so that all values come up in the F4 help.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would just ask you to confirm that all the three last name are exactly same (case wise).

eg. bond and Bond and BOND are all different and you won't get the other 2 if you search for bond.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murtuza,

Yes, all the three last names are in same case.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means that when you are trying to write the same key in the enumeration through your code, it fails and thus the rest of the entries are not entered. You need to make key as one of the unique field.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can achieve this by making both the fields as keys in the table. this will become the composite key (combination of 2 keys). Now u can get all the values into the EVS.

hope this help,

regards,

Sudheer.