cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPscript and Smart Forms - Going to be phased out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thus far, are SAPscript and/or Smart Forms going to eventually be retired? Is there an official document, or Note that says so? I've exhaustively searched through these forums, and the SMP for the PAM and Notes, but I can't find a reference anywhere that will tell me.

I did find where it says:

"Customers can continue to use existing SAP forms solutions such as Smart Forms and SAPscript.

Both solutions will continue to be supported in their current functional scope."

Just want to make sure with my clients.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BTPInnovate
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

We recently rolled out an SAP's Strategy as far as forms development is concerned.

Here is the official statement:

"The SAP forms strategy is based on SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe (IFbA). This applies to both print and interactive forms. In this context, most Business Suite solutions have already been converted to the IFbA technology (more than 2300 forms), and new standard SAP forms will be created using IFbA instead of Smart Forms or SAPscript.

SAPscript and Smart Forms shall continue to be supported inline with SAP's maintenance strategy, thereby ensuring the ability to protect existing customer investment."

You can also find this on the Smart Forms page in SDN:

Regards,

Nikhil