Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Compliance Calibrator question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon all.

My question, simply put, is where does compliance calibrator get its authorization objects from? Now to give some meat behind the question. I have used CC for over 3 years. this is the first time I have ever seen this. I have a custom TCode (Example: ZTEST). In SU24 I see this TCode has exactly 2 authorization objects, S_TABU_DIS and S_TCODE (both set to check/maintain). I create a brand new function called TST1 and add this tcode to it. Now when I click save it askes "Would you like to bring in teh auth objects". I click yes and see 5 authorization objects.

My thoughts on this is that the TCode points to a different transaction and it is getting the authorization objects from that tcode. Unfortunately I am no longer a Basis Admin and do not have access to view how this tcode was built. So what do you think? Has anyone seen this happen? do you have a reason that it would add authorization objects? USOBT_C is the only table that CC uses to get authorization data from, correct?

Anyways, Thanks in advance for any assistance with this oddity. Have a Great Weekend.

Paul

OK One other question if I can add it here. is there a way to remove a row in the authorization object value? is there suppose to be a red minus sign nest to the field value to remove it? Do I just not have authorization to see it?

Edited by: Paul Ksobiech on Oct 24, 2008 2:32 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Which version of CC are you using?

If you can't remove a value in CC, you should have an option to "disable" the value.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Which version of CC are you using?

If you can't remove a value in CC, you should have an option to "disable" the value.

0 Kudos

Kiran,

Thank you for your response. I do know about disabling it. We currently have two DEV boxes that we use for our implementation. we do a table compare on the virsa tables to find if there are differences. this table compare shows that a few people prior to me have added some purely defined auhorization objects to some functions. Now, the techy geek in me would like to clean these up. I don't like to have extra "junk" in the system. I also don't want to have to add authorization objects and then disable them to make the table compare match. I want to make the both equal but without deleting the entire function and rebuilding it. I just want to remove the duplicate values.

Kind Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

Paul,

Virsa 4.0 has a wide variety of features that I like and one of the features is that you can maintain a list of "Restricted Objects" also known as Critical authorization objects. Object like S_NUMBER is considered critical even if it is linked to a tcode or not. In order to capture users that have access to this type of critical auth objects ,your predecessor must have built a table with such objects to identify exactly those users.

Check this link in CC: Cockpit window ==> Menu "Custom Utility" ==> Custom Table maint. ==> Restricted Objects.

Virsa has the ability to disable unwanted objects from being generated as part of your ruleset. Unless you are maintaining a custom ruleset, please use your functions and the assigned tcodes->objects to build your ruleset. If you want to delete an individual rule from this generated pool, I would do it very cautiously. Hope this helps in getting you started on exploring Virsa rules

Kiran