cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Adapter license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have licenses for two adapters, oracle and db2. I was wondering if a seperate license is required for connecting to MS-ACCESS db.

Cheers,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

Please explain what you mean by "XI Adapter License". XI includes the JDBC adapter, you just need to install your own JDBC drivers.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

What I heard was that we need to have license for installing and using the JDBC adapters. For e.g, if we are using oracle jdbc adapter, then we need a license from SAP for installing and using it. I am a bit confused on this issue.

Also, is there a limit on the amount of data sent via XI usin these adapters.

Cheers

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

As I understand it, you do not need a license from SAP to use a given JDBC-driver. (You do, of course, need a license to use the database that you are accessing.)

The XI license is free for SAP-to-SAP integration, but you pay based on volume when using XI with non-SAP systems, e.g. your database via JDBC.

Hope that provides some clarification.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten,

That clarifies the issue, I would like to just take wee bit advantage of your knowledge. If I need to connect to MS-Access DB via the JDBC-ODBC bridge, do I need a license to use the MS-Access DB.

Lastly, how do I reward points here, I don't see any way to give points.

Regards,

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I don't know specifically about MS-Access licensing, but I would assume that MS requires a valid user license to access it in this way, too.

I think your original post needs to be marked as a question in order for you to be able to award points. Not sure if you can change this afterwards...

Best regards,

Thorsten