cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rating a Weblog / Forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

SDN is already having criteria to Rate Bloger and Weblogs in the DevStudio Section.

I would like to suggest to update this criteria, as the rating is totally SDN Users Specific. Try to add one section in the weblogs corner where SAP Expert pannel rated blogs will be published for each Development Area.

Can also add the Best blog for the month, best bloger of the month, and so on ....

Similarly Best Forum Contributor for the month, of the individual forum, .....

Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By expert panel are you implying to have a select group of contributors rate blogs? Who would determine who this group would be and why would that be different than the community rating the blogs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

By means of pannel i mean, SDN have to come-up with some pannel of experts may be someone from SAP team, may be SDN team or from outside world. For every month/quarter the pannel members list need to update, and they are the final jury to decide about the blogs rating. You can keep on running your previous rating criteria also, so it will help others to compare with the pannel rating, number of views rating, and contributors rating.

Other than this my suggestion was more to add the prices, not in terms of points, but in terms of some gifts. Just like the one from the random list of points-crossing which you are already doing in Contribution Corner.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. However, the problem and something I've stated over and over and over again. Right now the community has the opportunity to let us know what they think with the blogs through the comments and the "myWeblogs (Beta)" area until they start taking the time and doing it there, there seems to be little reason to invest the time and energy to start another process with new development tasks to do it.

The entire SDN community needs to put forth the effort and make use of what we have before we can get approvals for new features. We have a long list of features that are already planned for 2006 some even into 2007 and therefore it is very difficult to justify an entire new process.

You as a community member could blog about this type of thing and encoruage the use of it, just like any other community member could do. I myself wrote a few blogs about taking more active part in the community well before my time at SAP started.

Perhaps one of the new features we are working on for TechEd this year will help to encourage more participation - I'm not sure....

Former Member
0 Kudos

->We have a long list of features that are already planned for 2006 some even into 2007 and therefore it is very difficult to justify an entire new process.

Hey Craig,

Its better to stop the SDN Suggestion Forum till 2007 (your list gets finished), a small suggestion.

Again the question comes to TOP Companies which are utilizing SDN more frequently. If number of Contributors of some company are more, ratings are higher. You can check the blogs qualities and there corresponding ratings, i haven't found more justifiable results. Its puerly my analysis , may be i am wrong, but just added my View.

Cheers!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we stopped the suggestions forum we'd have to stop asking what people think at all other events

We'll manage some things just a take a bit longer, community response and participation can alter and prioritize the list though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

->what people think at all other events

Hey Craig,

One more suggestion, try to change the name of the forum from SDN suggestions to <b>'Think, Say, and But don't Suggest</b>':-)

I understand SDN Team is having full of features pending to add, again one more suggestion, add some more members in the SDN team, as you have full of features to add, just needed more people to implement in your TEAM.

Best of Luck.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please visit this weblog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/02/15/top-weblogs-of-all-time-3-to-0

Answers (0)