cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact person VAP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what will be the Impact on using a new Contact Number (AP/CP) for a customer and assinging the same number to the Customer Master Data on the existing system? It will get updated in the sales order at header level (partner tab). Does it have any other impact on the existing system or to any other customer or reports etc.

awaiting your replies.

thanks in advace,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil

The contact person will be assigned in the customer master record because ,he will act as a mediator between sales orgn. and customer . like in placing orders by the customer , collection of cheques and to be submitted in the sales orgn. and other features .

Say for example , if the payer (customer) bounces the cheque then the company may tell to the contact person who has been assigned in CMR to collect the DD and submit to the company

Hope this information will help you

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

thanks for the information. But can you give some light on the impact of assigning of the contact person to the customer master record.

according to my new requirement i need to define and assign a new contact person to the customer master record. but i need to give explanation to the client on impact of using it. so it wld b great if you send me some analysis on impact of using the contact person to the customer master record.

thanks,

anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When ever a sales transaction is executed such as sales order, inquiry, quotation etc., the system picks the data from the customer master and copies the data into corresponding transaction record.

CASE I: you change the customer master before creating the transaction.

Whenever the trsaction is created the data at the instance of transaction creation in master is copied into the transaction hence the updated version is copied.

CASE II: you change the customer master after creating the transaction.

In this case since at the time of the creation of the transaction the data was fetched from the master, old version data was available in the master, the transaction contains old data. This data is not updated in all the transactions which have been created before the update of the master. Hence the transaction data will be old version unless you manually change it from the change transaction.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil

I have given some examples like if customer is not ordering directly to the company , it happens through contact person then we will assign in the CMR .

But it all depends ,if we have to maintain for all customers then we will assign. if not for all customers then we will maintain only for some customers.

Even Anand has given some examples also

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I think i have not frame the sentence the right way. Still i have not got the answer i am expecting. Let me rephrase it you to have a broader picture.

For some reason (to match the biz requirement) i have created a Contact Person (Dev system) and assinged to the customer master record. now tht contact person is flowing in the sales order, not flowing in delivery (not a problem) and is not affecting anywhere in my sales flow. but i have to tell the customer(clinet) regarding these changes and he is going to approve this once i send him the Impact analysis on the system (transactions) and convinced, then only he can approve it. So i want the impact analysis on a broader way.

I know it will get updated in the sales document only and not either in delivery or billing. But apart from these i need to have few more important points to convince the client tht it makes no issue in adding a contact person to the customer and using it in the sales document.

In PRD (table-VBPA), no sales doc is created with partner function AP (contact person). So this is a new concept to them And i have to create the contact person only for one customer and not for all.

Hope this post makes some sense now.

awaiting your replies,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

If you assign a new contact person to a customer, there will not be any adverse affect on the system. The new sales document created will have the new CP information.

Do not delete the old contact person information from the system, if you do so then all the previous records maintained for that CP will be lost from the system.