Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to SIMGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

Config. team is asking for access to SIMGH (Change to IMG structure) in ECC 6.0

I have never seen that done before. Since SAP provides this transaction, there must be a reason why SAP allows this. I originally thought of how changing IMG structure might be impacted during upgrade. But, going thru' Help, SAP does not seem to raise any alarm about giving access to this transaction.

Insight from anyone who had to go thru' this is appreciated.

Regards,

VP

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I have not had anyone ask for this but I have read up on this before. When I was reading up on it it seemed a lot like CCMS and how you can configure your own company specific layout. this should not be affected by upgrades unless img items are removed completely which I think is very very very rarely.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction SIMGH is provided so that customer can have there own structures and can edit the existing structures.

But remember if you are chenging any SAP standard IMG structure then use the concept of enhancment ID because if you upgrade the system then your changes will be lost if the changes are not associated with enhancment ID.

Hope this resolves your query.

Cheers!!!

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been using SIMGH a couple of times, not in order to change the standard IMG Structure, but i order to place own (Local or Semi-Local) configuration in the IMG Structure.

What you can do in SIMGH is create your own small IMG Structure, including your own Z-tables, and/or some of the standard IMG Activities, you can also add documentation.

If you are creating your own "development project", with your own configuration table, I can only recommend that you grant access to SIMGH, and ask your developers to create and document your project here.

With the transaction S_IMG_EXTENSION, you then have the possibility to enhance the reference IMG structure, thus creating a "single-place-of-configuration" (this is an enhancement - not a SAP Standard modification).

And remember - from a security point off view you are only creating a "Menu-Structure", you still need to grant access to all of the activities/transactions in the IMG.

Regards

Morten Nielsen