Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in WebDynpro Java

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in WebDynpro Java which is , I need to develop an application in WebDynpro java which uses some BAPI's ( RFC) . Based on the user authorization in SAP R/3 System my application should get the data from Backend system ( R/3).

But ! My application is getting the data without considering the Authorizations. May be it is using different user when it connects to R/3 system I hope.

What should I do for getting the data as per the authorizations ?

thanks

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If you want that the data should be as per the user id who has logged in then you have to either configure SSO between portal and R/3. Make sure that you have not used basic authentication while configuring JCO Destinations.

OR

You have to pass user id as one of the parameter to your BAPI and fetch the data accordingly.

Regards,

Murtuza

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza Kharodawala ,

My system is configured as SSO already . There are many IViews are running now. When I create the JCO Destinations I used my Username and passport for creating the JCO destinations for authentication.

Shell I use the Ticket for Creating the JCO Destinations ?

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Bingo! you got it correct. Instead of using your userid and password use ticket authentication and then try executing your application.

Regards,

Murtuza

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza Kharodawala ,

I have done as you said. It is working fine in Development and when I did the same in production, I am not able to get the data from Back -end. It is showing the following error.

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System: WD_MODELDATA_DEST_TEST - Model: class suresh1.Header. Please assure that you have configured the RFC connections and/or logical system name properly for this model! 

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System: WD_MODELDATA_DEST_TEST - Model: class suresh2.TABSWORK. Please assure that you have configured the RFC connections and/or logical system name properly for this model! 

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System: WD_MODELDATA_DEST_TEST - Model: class suresh1.Header. Please assure that you have configured the RFC connections and/or logical system name properly for this model!

Can u give me a clue

Thanks

Suresh

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza Kharodawala ,

I did as you said.But ! When I select the Ticket in JCo Destination and test it , I am getting the following error. I don't know what to do now for this .

Can u help me on this ?

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: System received an expired SSO ticket

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your basis guys to increase the time out of SSO tickets.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Make sure that the same userid is existing on your production system too and there is sso configured between your portal and production ECC.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not working when i transported to production system.

But ! when I use the User name / Password authentication at JCO Destinations. Then It is getting the data.

any clue please.

thanks

Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Mandalapu on Oct 25, 2008 2:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enable authentication for your webdynpro application by double clicking application->Application Properties->Add-> Authentication- > Set the value to true.

Make use of tickets while configuring Jco.

Regards

Ayyapparaj