cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deplyment in portal & performance optimal development of VC applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some information regarding these queries. If possible can you help me out.

Can anyone provide us with :

1)Are there any Material/guidance on best practices for the deployment of the VC application in the portal

2) Any Recommendations for performance optimal developing and development guidelines from SAP

Thanking you so much.

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For your first question, you need to define some standard:

a. You should have standard naming convention for your portal objects (roles, iViews, etc.) especially for the prefix.

b. Each Visual Composer developer in your organization have to configure their Visual Composer profile as follows.

1. Login to Visual Composer.

2. Open an existing model or create new. You only need this step to show Tools menu because it does not show if there is no model opened.

3. Navigate to Tools | Options.

4. Select Compiler tab.

5. Change the u201CPAR name prefixu201D to the one you use to create your portal objects (i.e. roles, iViews, etc), For example, com.<yourcompany>.portal.

6. Check u201CDeploy model with PARu201D checkbox.

7. Click OK button. The changes is attached to current Developeru2019s profile so each developer need to do this configuration.

8. When you execute the Export process for your Portal Transport package, the PAR files for your VC applications will be automatically included in the transport package as long as the prefix for your iViews is the same as the "PAR name prefix" as mentioned on step 5.

I will write a blog regarding this. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

I have developed an application using VC and tried to deploy using WebDynpro Compiler, but I was getting error message. When I unchecked the "Deploy model with PAR" it worked fine. I dont really know the reason for this. Could you explain me the reason for this issue?

I also want to know the use of option of "Deploy model with PAR".

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

GY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GY,

Web DynPro is deployed as an EAR file so PAR file is only applicable to Flash application. FYI, Flash is the recommended option because it provides more functionality.

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Friends.

Can you people throw light on this issue.

It would be great favour to me.

Thanking you so much.