Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert inbox in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whenever i executed a program of RSALERTTEST,

testing alerting message was sent by executing RSALERTTEST with alerting category i define by ALRTCATDEF to alert inbox in rwb as well. but i made deliberate receiver determination error, then i could not see any alerting message in alert inbox in rwb.

so what am i missing for alerting?

i am on SP15, XI SP 15

thanks in advance

venjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Look at these forum threads..

Guess should help u out..

regards,

Prashanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

some remarks.

The report RSALERTPROC does not need to run to deliever RWB alerts. These alerts are pushed directly to the receiver. Only if you want escalation processes or if you want to forward CCMS alerts to the Alert Mgmt. you need to schedule RSALERTPROC.

From SP 14 on PMI-free alerting was introduced. That means before SP 14 one has to configure and activate the End-to-End Monitoring, and to schedule the report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET in order to extract the alerts from the PMI data. For SP 14 and higher, that's not longer necessary.

If no alerts are being delivered, please check if "Suppress multiple alerts of this rule" is checked for your rule.

For SP 14 and higher you could also have a look at the report sxmsalert_logreader. This report shows some information about alerts being created or not.

You'll find more information about trouble shooting the alerting in SAP Note 913858.

Rgds.,

Andreas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Your input was really helpful. Thanks a lot. I have gone though the NOTE 913858, and asked my basis team to do the neddful. Hopefully, my problem would be solved after that.

regards,

bhavesh

PS I have not raised this question, else i would ve awarded 10 points

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating Alert Rules in RWB, did you specify No Restriction under Where did the Error Occurs option. And also mention condition as * so that any type of errors for any Interface let it take.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response quickly,

yes, no restriction.

any other checking?

thanks in advance

venjamin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin / All,

I am facing the same problem. I have done all the Alert Confiruration under ALCATDEF, defined the ALERT RULE under ALERT CONFIGURATION in RWB. When i use, RSALERTTEST to test my ALERT, i get the Alert message in my inbox.

but, whenever there is some problem in my Integration Engine or Component Monitoring, the alert is not triggered.

Any inputs on this will be really helpful,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as well.

Do you have any solution for it?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

Can you tell us how you resolved this issue because I still am stranded at the same point.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check if this batch program(RSALERTPROC) is running or not.

this should be run. 10 Point is ok for me he he

thanks & regards;

venjamin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

Thanks for the reply. I ll do this and let you know if my ALERTS are working.

Regards,

bhavesh