cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized table layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement that user should be able to set customized layout for himself., i.e., he should be able to

• Select columns to be displayed in the table

• Select sequence in which columns should be displayed

Whenever user access application, table should be displayed as per layout set by him(selected columns, sequence of columns). User has to be provided with option to change his customized settings or use default settings.

1. For changing columns to be displayed at the run time, I am planning to set IWDVisibility property of the column at runtime based on user settings.

2. For changing sequence of columns displayed, I am planning to use swapColumns method of table.

My question is :

1. Is there any better way of achieving this requirement?

2. Can I use portal database to store customized setting for the user? or customize attributes in identity management?

3. What is recommended way of storing customized settings for the user?

Thank you,

Apurva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since version 7.0 there exists the so called implicit personalization which provides this functionality.

See [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/ed3ce7f8593eebe10000000a1553f7/content.htm].

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thank you.

This exactly meets requirement., with no coding ..:)

But, can we have a link/button in web dynpro application to open personalization dialog, instead of CTRL + right click.

I saw forum thread saying, access to this API is not yet available. Is it planned in any next release?

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NW 7.1, the implicit personalization can be opened by right-clicking on a view element and selecting the corresponding entry from the context menu. Opening via a link will not be possible.

Armin

Answers (0)