cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement types & requirement class for trading goods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working on a project in which there are only trading goods. Majority of the items are make to order & few are make to stock.

For the make to order scenario, what will be the requirements type & requirements class to be used for the trading goods. Which item category is to be used......will it be TAN or different......

For the make to stock scenario, what will be the requirements type & requirements class to be used for the trading goods. Which item category is to be used......TAN cannot be used here as it will be used in the MTO scenario so diffferent controls.

What control parameters should I take care of while defining the requirements class & requirement type.

With best regards,

Niyaz Sayyed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Niyaz Sayyed.

This is actually take help from PP Module.

As per my understanding this. U can use Requirment type - KEL and Requirment Class - 40 standard.

In material master MRP tab - Strtergy group has to maintain 26 or 40 for make to order and 52 fro make to Stock.

Regards....

Sanjeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As my understanding, You should copy a new requirement class and make the following parameters and its values.

For Requirements,

req.transfer is X

Allocation ind. is 1

Prod.allocation is X

No MRP is blank

For assembly

assembly type is 2,

order costing is X,

Special stock is E,

order type is ZXXX

You can refer to the sap standard MTO strategy 20 to complete your project. This is the most important parts defining the requirements for sales and distribution module.

george.shi