Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing the endpoint to SR from ESR

hamsa_shree
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Service Interface in ESR of CE server and have published the wsdl to SR but i am unable to find the Endpoints .

Can any one please tell me how to create the endpoints for the published service or how to publish the endpoints of a service from ESR to SR of CE server.

Thanks & Regards,

Hamsa Shree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamsa Shree,

In ESR the Service Interface that you create only has a WSDL file associated with it. This file contains the structure of your service interface. However, there is no implementation attached to this as yet. Therefore, publishing from ESR to the Services Registry will only result in publishing of a WSDL without its endpoint.

The endpoint is a pointer to the backend implementation of the Service. Depending on which backend you are using, you need to a develop backend implementation for your service and then publish this endpoint onto the Services Registry corresponding to your WSDL.

Hope this answers your quesiton.

Regards,

Romit

hamsa_shree
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romit,

Thanks for ur reply.

Can you please explain me how the Service implementation can be done at the backend.

Thanks & Regards,

Hamsa Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamsa Shree,

If you are using ECC as your backend, it must be SP 14 or higher for you to access the Enterprise Services Browser from the SPROXY transaction of ECC.

Once you can view the Service Interface you created in the Enterprise Services Browser, you would have to generate proxy class(es) on your Service Interface(s). Your implementation would have to be done in this class which is called your Provider Class.

Eventually, it is this Provider Class that you will publish to the Services Registry as an Endpoint.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Romit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC, launch transaction SPROXY.

In the list that shows up, navigate to your SCV, and then the namespace that was used. Open that up to see your service interfaces. When you find your service interface, double click on it to see it on the right hand side.

If it has a green icon the proxy is already set and you can then move forward in creating the endpoint. If its red and grey/white, then you need to create the proxy for it.

right click on the service interface, and then pick the create proxy choice. Follow the wizard that shows up.

After this completes you will have a proxy but you still need to implement it (add abap code). You should see on the right hand screen the provider class listed. Its on the properties tab inside of the Interface section. Double click on the provider class name. That should launch you into the class builder screen and you should see your service operations listed under the method. Dbl click the one you want to implement and add your code like you normally would.

At this point, you have a proxy with code behind it so its time to tell the world how to access it. You need to create a binding (endpoint). To do this, you can launch SOAMANAGER from ECC. This will launch a web page.

From that page, click on the Business Admin Tab, and then the Webservice Admin Administration link. In the search pattern you can put in the name of your service interface (found in sproxy) and set it to external name. Click search. If you dont find it try wildcards.

From the list that pops up, select your service interface and click apply selection. Go to the configurations tab, and then click on create service. Give the svc a name, description, and name the binding. When you return to the screen dont forget to scroll down to put in the security information for the binding. Save and you are all set with that.

The last step is to publish the service and binding to your service registry. To do that, SOAMANAGER (from ECC), go to Technical Config, and choose Publication Administration. Find your service, leave the default radio buttons, and select the the 'force publications' option. Make sure your SR is listed in the drop down and then click execute. If all goes well the following screen will tell you so.

You can then go to the SR and test out your service. If that works, its ready for the consumers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me add one more thing. I have been having some problems with SOAMANAGER publishing endpoints to the Service Registry. Im on ECC 6.0 EHP 3 and running PI 71, CE71.

The alternate ecc tcodes you can try are WSCONFIG and WSPUBLISH. I get an obselete pop up when I try to run them but I ignore it and it works just fine.

Answers (0)