cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate all Services together in sicf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends

Is there a possibility to deactivate in transaction sicf all services (including all subtrees)?

In our system unfortunately all services are active. We want to deactivate them all. When I deactivate a supertree the subtrees are implicite deactivated. But when I activate one service within this tree, all services are reactivated.

When you activate a service you can say: "Activate all". When you deactivate a service you do not have this possibilty (or I do not see it).

For now I deactivated all services by hand (Shift-F12 then ok, and drop down). Tooked me around an hour. But it would interest me if there is a possibility to do that in one step.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To deactivate all services just go to the top default_host and right-click it and click on "deactivate virtual host" that will deactivate all.

To activate a single service just right-click and click on "activate service" then you'll get 2 Yes buttons the first one is for a single service the second button has a tree image on it and will activate all the sub-services.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan

Thank you for the answer.

But I know that already. The point you describe causes following problem:

You deactivate the top node --> all Subsequent Services in the tree (Services) are implicite deactivated.

When you activate one single service in this tree the top node will be reactivated and all subsequent nodes too.

For example:

Node 1 (top node) --explicite deactivated

-->Subservice 1 --implicite deactivated

-->Subservice 2 --implicite deactivated

-->Subservice 3 --implicite deactivated

Ok. Now you activate Subnode 3 (who has no other subservices) with the "single yes". Now Node 1 will automatically be activated (because Subservice 3 can't be activate without an active Node 1. That causes that all other services (here subservice 1 and 2) are reactivated.

The image than would be the following one:

Node 1 (top node) --automatically reactivated

-->Subservice 1 --automatically reactivated

-->Subservice 2 --automatically reactivated

-->Subservice 3 --explicite activated

That is not a really problem that I have, it does just interest me if it possible to deactivate all services with one click.

Regards

Marco

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you activate one single service in this tree the top node will be reactivated and all subsequent nodes too

Naturally, you're activating the top node.

In order to activate just 1 service, deactivate the default_host node to deactivate the whole tree, then expand the tree to find the single service that you want to enable and then right-click activate, and click on the Yes "without the tree" the the single service will be activated together with the nodes where this service belong to.. the rest will remain desactivated.

That is not a really problem that I have, it does just interest me if it possible to deactivate all services with one click.

The answer to that question is just simply deactivate the default_host node and all the services will be deactivated.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

But the option "without the tree" means the subservices. Not the services in the same "folder"

Let me explain that with my example from above:

Node 1 (top node) --explicite deactivated

-->Subservice 1 --implicite deactivated

-->Subservice 2 --implicite deactivated

-->Subservice 3 --implicite deactivated

Now I want to activate only Subservice 3 (and let subservice 1 and 2 deactivated).

When I activate Subservice 3 Node 1 automatically gets activated (thats clear and logical), but through the automatically activation of Node 1 Subservice 1 and Subservice 2 become active too (and I don't want that).

But when you would deactivate Subservice 1 to 3 and Node 1 by hand and then you would reactivate Subservice 3 this would reactivate Node 1 too and let Subservice 1 and Subservice 2 deactivated. And that is what I want. But I do not want to click through all services and deactivate them by hand first. Now I have already done that. But it would interest me for a next time...

Thanks

Marco

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's weird... there must be some sort of dependecy in between them.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

The explicite deactivation of all services together in one step seems not to be possible. You can only deactivate them explicite (that means deactivation of the top node) or you can deactivate them one on one (Press shift+F12 than enter ..you will get a rhythm...) took me around one hour to deactivate them all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though late.. for people who still have this issue, you can do mass processing of ICF services with the program RS_ICF_SERV_MASS_PROCESSING. This might be applicable only for latest versions