cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems deploying Portal Application Module DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have created a Portal Application Module DC in our JDI track, and I'm having trouble deploying it to our development portal from right-click: Export... I get an error saying to check sap-plugin.log, where I find the following error message:

[13.02.06 / 17:13] #ERROR LEVEL# com.sap.portal.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.sapmakepar.SAPMPWizard$1 > No Information

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\prjonm0\.dtc\2\DCs\baldor.com\PortalApplicationModules\_comp\gen\default\deploy\PortalApplicationModules.par (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)

at com.sap.portal.developmentTools.general.wizards.upload.DeployEngine.readFile(DeployEngine.java:340)

at com.sap.portal.developmentTools.general.wizards.upload.DeployEngine.uploadPar(DeployEngine.java:420)

at com.sap.portal.developmentTools.general.wizards.upload.DeployEngine.deploy(DeployEngine.java:221)

at com.sap.portal.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.sapmakepar.SAPMPWizard$1.processUpload(SAPMPWizard.java:404)

at com.sap.portal.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.sapmakepar.SAPMPWizard$1.run(SAPMPWizard.java:338)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:302)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:252)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:758)

at com.sap.portal.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.sapmakepar.SAPMPWizard.performFinish(SAPMPWizard.java:519)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ExportResourcesAction.run(ExportResourcesAction.java:112)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:842)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:286)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:795)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:602)

Apparently the PAR isn't getting created in the deploy folder. Any ideas why, and more importantly, how I can fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

first, about the exception:

The build.xml (of an portal application module DC) - which is generated itself on each build, so you cannot modify it permanently - creates the PAR, but only into the temp directory, for example: <i>C:\Documents and Settings\dbeutner\.dtc\0\t\8FA418D8BC5AD181115841387AFBB749/com.btexx.pct.testapp.par</i>

There is no copy from this temp dir into the permanent DC dir. That's simply a bug, I will open an OSS message about it.

Now about the two different possibilities for creating portal application DCs: In the "module" case, if the bug given above would be repaired, you cannot deploy the result directly into the system landscape. That's a real disadvantage and does not seem to make too much sense.

In the "standalone" case, the PAR being built when building the SDA is also only to be found in the temp dir and (and that's important) - the NWDS (at least for me, SP16) doesn't offer the standalone project for local deployment (Create/Export PAR file doesn't offer this project as a possibility to choose, even if <i><nature>com.sap.ep.applicationDevelopment.portalProjectNature</nature></i> is set for it (have checked it)!?!?!

So with the latter choice, I can "simply" deploy the SDA including the PAR into the DEV system defined for this track, but there is no fast local deployment alternative offered!?

If I'm right about this, how should one use the NWDI for portal development? One definitely needs both possibilities (deploy the PAR locally / deploy the SDA into the central DEV system)!?

(Another question is about the missing DCs for the standard portal applications, which are also a showstopper in my eyes, but that's an independent question.)

Hope it helps / would like to get some feedback on this,

best regards

Detlev

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update on this bug, just received from SAP support:

"We have checked the behavior you described above and found the problem. We will fix this for SP18, as this is the version which is currently in development phase."

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it saves some troubles you can copy the par file on your own. Create a "postbuild.vm" file in the "cfg" folder of your DC(s) with the following content:

#StartProject("postbuild" "build" ".")

#StartTarget("build")

#MkDir("$/local") <copy file="$/*.par" todir="$/local"/>

#EndTarget()

#EndProject()

That will simply create a second build.xml that copies the par file to _comp/gen/default/local/. You could also copy the par file to the deploy folder where the IDE currently expects the file but then you must not check-in that file into DTR. (Since a *.par is not a valid SDA in itself that would break the track assembly in CMS).

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get any messages when you build the DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DC builds fine, no problems there. I tried creating a Portal Application Standalone DC, and that has its own "Deploy" option in the context menu, and deploys fine.

Should I use this DC type instead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the better option if you intend to deploy/transport using NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to use Portal Application Standalone, as i transported many DC's of this type with NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

We have been tasked to migrate PAR development (which we have been using portal support tools to deploy PAR files) onto NWDI, is this a complex process for the developers? To move their existing code onto NWDI? Can we create one software component with many development components for the different portal applications being developed?