cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uncar the .sar file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to uncar the .sar file.I had created folder onthat i putted the sapcar.exe file,and .sar file.when iam extracting with command SAPCAR -xvf .sar file,iam getting error 'SAPCAR' is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.plz can any guide me for to extract sar file.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have logged in to the system as administrator user. If so then first log in to SIDADM user and try to execute the command, or set the path in administrator user and do it.

Rgds,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u executing the command as <sidadm> user? if not then please do login as <sidadm> user,

and also try to use the complete path of SAPCAR in the command, for example :

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<Instance no>/exe/SAPCAR -xvf <*.SAR>

i.e the SAPCAR is present the exe folder, so give the complete path of SAPCAR, instead of copying the SAPCAR to you folder.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam having separate PC for to do sap router configuration.Here I had created folder with saprouter onthat i putted the sapcar.exe file,and .sar file.when iam extracting with command SAPCAR -xvf .sar file,iam getting error 'SAPCAR' is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.plz can any guide me for to extract sar file.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change to the directory where the SAPCAR.EXE file is located, and execute the command for example

sapcar -xvf <specified .car file>

Rgds,

Suman

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically the OS can't find the SAPCAR executable.

Simply make a copy SAPCAR from the kernel directory to the directory where your files are and execute the command. You can also add the kernel directory to $PATH in Unix or PATH environmental variable in Windows and you'll be able to run the command.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

for easily, just go to directory where sapcar command file reside and run sapcar -xvf xxx.sar from it. Not from every directory you logon to.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to place the .sar file in trans directory and try to uncar .

Regards,

narsi.