cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks

I have a problem in availability check . When i raise a sale order for material A quantity 1500 and when i have 1000 quantity of material A in stock, there are two schedule lines, and on the order creation date there is 0 quantity confirmed even though 1000 quantity of Material A is available. Instead it creates a another schedule line where it confirms wholly the 1500 quantity.

I have a necessity where i need to confirm 1000 material stock on the order creation date, and the rest 500should be confirmed on a later date. Have also checked with the config, i don't find anything wrong, Please advise me or guide me through how to handle this now !!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Vj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Looks like partial deliveries are not allowed for the customer.

Check in VD03 --> Sales area data --> shipping --> Paritial deliveries. Check if partial deliveries are allowed are not.

If partial deliveries are alowed, then system wil confirm 1000 quantity on the order date & the rest 500 on MAD of the material.

This situation will come only if partial deliveries are not allowed & the system tries to confirm all items at one time.

Try allowing the partial deliveries & then check if the system confirms 1000 quantity on order date.

Also the 1000 quantities that you are mentioning about may be confirmed for another order as well. Even that is possible. In that case those items will not be available to your order.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for a quick replay

but i checked it , the field is blank, that shows partial delivery are accepted, for that particular customer..

what else can we do about that

thanks yar

vj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Then I guess that the quantity is already confirmed for another order.

Only then the system will propose new MAD for the entire quantity.

In VA03, select the item & go for availability check. You will find if the item is confirmed for today or not. Schedule lines wil show the item availability date.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton ... guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

kindly check at the item level in the order too.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vj

Please let me know what strategy group you have maintained in material master.

Meanwhile, Check in OVLZ for the field "In Pick/pack time wrkdys", any day is specified. Also Check in VOV8 for the field "Lead Time in Days". For information, even if stock is available and you maintain any day in either of these two fields, stock will be confirmed only after taking into consideration those days.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.If the material is already assigned to existing order, you can not assign it to other order.

2.At the schedule line level, check item availability which will take u to availability overview screen..

There selecet System Proposal push butto which will meet ur requirement..

If u select one time push button, then you'll be getting only one schedule line with the 1000 qty.

If u select full qty push button, then you'll be getting one schedule line with 1000 qty and remaining 500 qty will be in next schedule line date which can also meet ur req.

If u select proposal, system will propose a date which will also meet ur req..

Note that the material should be available at the time of availability check without getting assigned into any order..

Make sure that the customer is allowing partial delivery..

Hope it'll helpful..

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh.S.P.