cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex or Flash and SAP integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am in a requirement in which i need to connect to SAP server and fetch data from it and display back in Flex builder. I am a bit familiar with Flash Island intro but not much. So my question is what are the possible way we can fetch data from SAP and display the same in Flex builder like generally we fetch data in XML format and display the same. i know a bit about iframe but have zero knowledge bout how to use.

So do you know if there is a better format of data we can fetch data and display the same in flex builder or flash island.

What are the possible format we can fetch data from SAP and process data in flex builder.

Cheers

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Flex can read only XML.

2. So If you want to retrieve data from the backend server (for eg. rfc function), create an Enterprise java bean (using SAP netweaver - j2ee perspective) which can pass parameters to your rfc function & retrieves data from the same.

3. Create Web service of the same ejb and deploy the same on WEB Application Server.

4. Call this web service from your Flex (mxml) application.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Flex can read only XML.

Do you mean we need to fetch data from SAP in XML format and we are ready to go with Flex builder or Flash Island. does it mean there is no any other format in which we can fetch data from SAP and process same in Flex builder.

3. Create Web service of the same ejb and deploy the same on WEB Application Server.

I dont know how to proceed with this way do you mean to write some code in EJV to fetch data from SAP using BAPIs or RFC and where to save data.

it will be very helpfull if you can provide some practical example.

thanks a lot

Mani

Answers (0)