cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI: Date format

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I have developed business scenario that is oracle system to R/3 system. data is sending successfully but the only problem with the data format..

we are getting data from source this format DD/MM/YYYY and we are transferring data to r/3 YYYY/MM/DD..... some times source data is coming different format like MM/DD/YYYY,

yyyy/dd/mm at this time i am facing a problem....

my requirement is source data is comes any format but it transfer data to target this format only YYYY/MM/DD....plz could anybody help me on this....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yadav,

Jitesh is correct..

How do you know when you are having what format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

I can see a logical issue in what you are trying to acheive. There is no way any program can itself determine the place of MM or DD in date. That is why you specify the source format and target format in mapping.

And even with UDF, I don't think you would be able to acheive it. For eg. if someone passes the date like

01/02/2008 and does not provide the date format information, your UDF can't determine whether DD is 01 or 02.

So the best I can think is, if indeed you have problem in having single date format in data source then probably you need one more parameter/value saying which format the date is. Then write the UDF, take those two values (dateformat,dateValue) and return accodingly.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry... Since date is coming in different formats so you can not use substring...

Use DateTrans function with based on your dates. Suppose your format is coming in 2 formates then use 2 different DaeTrans with IF conditions.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

I think u can use DateTrans in Date Functions.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yadav,

Please find the below link for ur requirement.

Thanks,

Radhika.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

use these thread for change date format

change in UDF according to your requirement