cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Excel Sheet with multiple sheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using the File as a sender. Here file is excel sheet and the data is in multiple sheets. How Can we read the data from multiple sheets and send to XI?

Regards

Sridhar Goli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

There is no direct way of reading multiple xls sheets in standard File Adapter. You need to write your own adapter module which you need to call before calling file adapter..

Check out this blg...

Let me know if you need a java code to read multiple sheets as well...

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Thank you for your reply,

Here my requirement is Excel file is having multiple sheets with different infotypes of HR module.

We want to read each sheet and generate one file for each sheet and place in different folders.

Is this possible to create one file for each sheet of the Excel file?

Please provide any inputs on this.

any help appriciated.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Yes. Abs it is possible. As I said earlier I did a java module to read a excel file with multiple sheets. I do have copde for same. However I do not have a specific code for writing / creating xls file again. But I'm sure you will find this on web.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Thax for your valuable inputs on this.

I need the code to read the data from multiple sheets in Excel workbook.

I am having small query on this, Here we have to generate the one file for each work sheet of the Excel Work book in the target folder.

And also whether we need any mapping like Java Mapping required in the Integration repository to create the target file name based on the Worksheet name from the Excel workbook.

Your help would be appriciated.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One way to do this is to use the jxl api in your module/code. Use the getSheet() method to read multiple sheets.

You can refer the api here: http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/resources/javadocs/current/docs/overview-summary.html

Thanks

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar

You can use the code given in Naga's blog

Read the files using that and add an id to it under the Tokenizer method for each sheet. Use java mapping to create target based on that id. You can generate data from xi separately for each sheet.

Even using graphical mapping also it will work but that bit tricky.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

chk the below link

the below link talks abt reading data from mutliple sheets