cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Credit Check - Concept Problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I have a problem with the how the Dynamic credit check works.

Say if I create a Sales order with value that will make total credit exposure from that customer more than available credit limit but for which delivery date is after 2 months. I have set Horizon period as 1 month in dynamic credit check (OVA8). As delivery date is after horizon period, SO will be saved without any credit hold on it. Usually when you make any change in sales order, credit check is triggered again. But what if no change is made on that Sales order. What will happen at the time of delivery. Also at time of delivery the value of the order is huge enough to make credit exposure more than credit limit. Will the delivery be made? Because Logically that should not happen. And I know in standard SAP it does not happen. I need to know what triggers the delivery from stop happening.

Any help is more than welcomed.

Thank you

Naman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

1.Also at time of delivery the value of the order is huge enough to make credit exposure more than credit limit. Will the delivery be made?

A. If the value of delivery is more than that of credit limit the delivery will not happen( if you put a block in OVA8). Then coming to dynamic check

In dynamic check horizon period is take as 1mnths that means, it considers all open values for the last one month for calculating the value for credit. If this is more than the credit limit you will have a credit block or warning according to your setting

eg: credit limit:10000

current del value: 5000

last billing: 6000(25 days back) as this falls under 1 month. it will take these open values into consideration.

Hope you have understood

regards

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkata

Can you explain what you mean by - If you put a block in OVA8. I have selected Dynamic check and status is 00012. Horizon is 1 month.

Now are you telling that at the time of delivery, sales document will be rechecked for credit and block will be put of delivery if exposure from that order is more that credit limit. Or is it that the Sales order will be automatically blocked when delivery date comes under horizon period, even though no activity has happened on the sales order.

Also can you please point out where will I be able to see delivery block for such scenario.

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Update 00012: It takes all Sales documents for consideration.

2.Check can happen at Sales order, Delivery, PGI. For eg in sales order you will have only warning. During Delivery/ PGI you can have a block. These settings can be done at OVA8. In OVA8 select delivery and go into details, i think you have ticked dynamic check, reason, status/block. If you put a block here the delivery cannot be saved. suppose you have only reason( warning) but no block assigned. only warning would be given after that your delivery would be saved. Like this you can configure at all the levels( SO, Del, PGI).

3. for SO in OVA8 have u given warning or block? you would have given only warning that is why you could save the SO. At any time if your document coming under credit limit a pop up box appears, Giving a warning or a error message is thrown if you assign a block.

4. If you r making a delivery from Order , the SO value would be decreased, increasing the delivery value. so the sales order value will be zero and delivery value will be increased. If the SO falls in horizon period also the value would be zero.

5. If you have released the SO there will no block( Horizon period does not have any effect) until unless you have made any changes to it.

regards

prasad