cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping & delivery process in logistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

In procurement process, when a PO is raised and after vendor delivers the goods, GR and GI is done.

However I am trying to know the following:

1. Where exactly does shipping and delivery come into the picture and co relate with the procurement process?

2. Does shipping and delivery apply at both vendor and company/client levels ?Are there any t-codes for shipping and delivery process ?

3. What is PPJ & how is it related to shipping and delivery ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With regards to shipments, you can also create inbound shipments in transaction VT01N (for the inbound deliveries).

However this is typically done when receiving party needs to organize transportation. As I understand in your case this is post-factum, so I don't see much added value here.

Additionally, you can have also outbound process for PO (STO/iSTO). Meaning the Vendor is not external Vendor but representing affiliate company in your corporation.

Here you can create outbound deliveries (VL01N) and outbound shipments (VT01N) for the sending site.

Regards

Dominik Modrzejewski

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are talking about inbound part. Please refer following steps.

1.Vendor send ASN & it creates inbound delivery (VL31N) in system. Vendor ship material to customer.

2.Once material physically received in warehouse GR(MIGO) will be done.

Only transaction of inbound delivery posting & updation of information on PO happens on confiramtion tab.

Hope you got the answer.

Regards,

Prashant