cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine the immediate child WBS element of a WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how to determine on how to know all the immediate childs of 1 parent (example: how can i kno all level 3 elements under level 2 b?) The usage of PRPS-STUFE is not enough since it only indicates levels. I also noticed we do not have entries in PRHIS table, is it because of we are not using the standard WBS?

Level 1

Level 2 a

Level 2 b

Level 3 a (of level 2 b)

Level 3 a (of level 2 b)

Level 2 c

Level 3 a (of level 2 c)

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The project hierarchy is data is available in PRHI table.

PRHI'S' is for standard structures. S stands for standard.

PRHI is for operative structure.

If you want to know the WBSE immediately under a WBSE say A. Then go to PRHI table enter A in POSNR field. The WBSE under it will be available in PRHI-DOWN field.

If u have more than one WBSEs under A and you are looking to get all of them. Then u may have to rite a Z function module. Logic can be as under.

Assume WBS structure is as below

Level 1 = A

Level 2 = B,C,D.

When u give A as input u want BCD as output.

Then

Take input as 'A'.

1) Go to PRHI and enter A in POSNR. Collect PRHI-DOWN and Store.

2) Again go to PRHI and enter PRHI-DOWN (collected above) in POSNR. Collect PRHI-RIGHT and Store.

3) Again go to PRHI and enter PRHI-RIGHT (Collected above) in POSNR. Colect PRHI-RIGHT and Store.

4) Repeat step 3. untill PRHI-RIGHT = Initial or Zero.

This Function module will give u all the WBSEs assigned in immediate one level less than the input WBSE.

Please post ur findings after u try this.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use BAPI "BAPI_PROJECT_GETINFO". Input WBS element in "I_WBS_ELEMENT_TABLE". It will provide the list child WBS elements for given WBS elements.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks so much for your reply, but would you know the exact table and field which is serving as the indicator?

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

table PRPS

field PSPHI - gives superior WBS

do check this as I do not haves access to system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which indicator u are refering?

U have input Parent WBS element. Out would be list of child WBS elements and Parent WBS element.

Venkat