cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Proxy --time out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we process large amount of data in server proxy. Is there any parameter that can make server proxy run in background mode. currently the server proxy is timing out in ECC.

Thanks,

Viswas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Information is not clear.

You can process large amount of data in proxy and it would not show time out.

You can tweak SXMB_ADM for message size and SMICM for HTTP time out.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gaurav,

The proxy is executing for more than an hour, so its timing out in ecc. One option is to increase work process timout in ecc, but that is not an option. we are not getting HTTP timeout, the work process is timing out in ecc.

Thanks.

viswas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas

How much is the data size. Is it a Sync proxy?

Thanks

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Bhargava on Oct 24, 2008 7:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its asynch process.

viswas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswas

Please elaborate more about your scenario. Large amount of data you can process from PI

You can tweak SXMB_ADM -> IS-> tuning parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT with the value you want

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gaurav,

scenario is file>XI->Server proxy. Message is processed in xi and sent to async proxy in ecc.

proxy executes for more than an hour processing data. splitting messages in xi not an option. The issue is server proxy in ecc runs as a dilog process so in the ecc queue after an hour i can see sysfail status time limit exceeded. i am trying to find alternatives like can we schedule the server proxy to run as background process so the time out does not apply to it. we can increase work process timeout in ecc that would effect performance.

viswas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your data is CSV you can split the message using recordsetsPerMessage. Else splitting can be done using BPM.

Now coming back to the messages queue. Try configuring EOIO in file adapter this can help with high volume data stuck in queues.

Server ABAP proxy cannot be scheduled as per my knowledge. This gets trigger when PI receives data.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the proxy call send the data to a FM which is called in background task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viswas,

Can you pls. elaborate your rek. I mean what are you trying to do in proxy ( Code inside proxy)? You are trying to post data? or something else?

I think its better you debug your proxy code and check which statement is taking too much of time...

Follow blog below for debugging..

Let us know the statment which is taking too much of time.

Nilesh