cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

An error occurred while processing service SAP Solution Manager 4.0 Support Release 4 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System (Last error reported by the step : Assertion failed: OraSqlContext Constructor: Arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid.). You may now.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not enough information.

Please provide the last lines of the log sapinst_dev.log and ora_sql_result.log (and PLEASE put code tags <> around them) when you post the log here.

- What OS are you using?

- was the database installation and patching of the database successfull?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB: Oracle 10.2

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which exact Oracle version?

Please post the logfiles I asked you...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I have got these error in log file.

Oracle 10g

An error occurred while processing service SAP Solution Manager 4.0 Support Release 4 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System (Last error reported by the step : Assertion failed: OraSqlContext Constructor: Arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid.). You may now.

ERROR 2008-10-23 18:24:02.250

FCO-00011 The step checkForExistingDatabase with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|checkForExistingDatabase was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Assertion failed: OraSqlContext constructor: arguments dbSidOrSrcObject and dbHome are not valid.).

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is the last line of the logfile telling, that "something" went wrong.

Please post some more logs. And also please post the last lines of ora_sql_result.log

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We formatted the system and reinstalled everything strt from scrap. Solution Manager was successfully installed.

So i am closing thread.