cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to extend or coalesce PSAPTEMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When my BI developer is trying to load data into the BI system it is erroring out saying Unable to extend the PSAPTEMP, so i tried to enlarge the PSAPTEMP table space and also tried to COALESCE it but i couldn't do both operations though i logged in as SIDADM user using BRTOOLS:

Below are the error i got:

BR0259I Program execution will be continued...

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for '/oracle/BWX/sapbackup/.user.pas' at location BrToolCall-2

BR0253E errno 13: Permission denied

Please let me know how i can proceed.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your operating system.

Rgds,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying it under ORASID user? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried to use it as ORASID as well as SIDADM. My operating system is IBM-AIX.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the SAPnote 359835 and 164925.

Thanks & Regads,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohanthy,

the notes contain how i can extend the table space but not reply to my question. My question why am i unable to extend though im tryinig to extend using ORASID as well as sidadm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the error message is about permission :

Did you check whether user ora<sid> has write permission for directory /oracle/BWX/sapbackup ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just suggested the note so that it may helpful to you to find out the exact error and you are not going to another way to solve the error.

If you want to extend the PSAPTEMP, in your log it is showing the Permission error.So Please confirm the permission of the directory sapbackup.

Regards,

Satyabrat