cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected SC with conflicting statuses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

We're currently on SRM Server 5.0 and using the n-step approval badi for our SC workflow.

Our business scenario is that when a SC is rejected, an email will be sent to the requester to let him know that his SC is rejected and that he can accept it or change the SC and restart the approval WF. Our SC approval and rejection is at the SC level, not at item level.

So when a shopping cart is rejected and the requester receives the email, he goes to Order Status to view his SC. What he'll see is that the header status says "In your inbox" while the item status says "Awaiting Approval". It's even stranger when he clicks on the details of the shopping cart (where he can click on the button to accept the rejection or change the SC), the item status there says "Approved". Why are all the conflicting statuses? Is there something wrong with our setup? What should the status be?

I think I understand the statuses "In your inbox" and "Awaiting approval" because of the return email to the requester and it's waiting for the final decision from the requester to either 'accept' or 'change' the SC. However, the status of "Approved" inside the SC details is what does not make sense to me. Can anyone explain what the issue is?

Greatly appreciated,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opened message with SAP and applied several notes as suggested by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SAPnew

We are facing the similar problem, could you please advice us the SAP notes wich you have applied.

Thanks

PSG

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied these notes 987239, 1049143, 1070657, 1146360, but you might want to take a look at the following as well:

801067 BBP_MON_SC: Status of shopping cart items incorrect

844665 Shopping cart: Incorrect display of the approval st

840257 Item to be approved is displayed as approved

840257 Item to be approved is displayed as approved

790027 Header status shown as "Awaiting approval" for rejected cart

SN

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this note 790027.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already looked at this note and the situation described in the note is the opposite of what we have.

Our SC header correctly shows "In your inbox" status with line item status as "Awaiting approval". It's the status within the SC details as "Approved" instead of Rejected is what I'm confused with.

As a requester I received an email that my SC is rejected. When I go into the details of the SC, the status shows "Approved". I expect the status to say "Rejected" but it does not say that.

SN