cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valueset on DropDownbyKey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have DropDownbyKey as cell editor of table column. DropDownbyKey is binded to an context attribute

2. I have different buttons on tabletoolbar

Problem:

On the press of different-different buttons i want to fill context attribute with different value set. So table rows will have different valueset for that context attribute .

For ex:

for first row: values will be: Sony, Ericsson, Panasonic

for second row: values will be: Apple, IBM, Panasonic

So for each context node element i have different valueset for the binded attribute

My findings:

Valueset is attached at Node info level.

So please suggets, how can i attach different attribute valueset on the basis of element of same context node.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas!!!!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You might try this approach - although the cost from a memory storage standpoint might be a little more costly. Intead of a DropDownByKey use a DropDownByIndex. That way the value set will come from a data binding to a context node. Structure the context in such a way that your value set context is a child node of your table context. Be sure not to set the Singleton option on the child, value set context node. Then you will have fill a completely different value set for each instance of the value set context node (1 instance of the node for each element in the parent node). This should acomplish exactly what you are trying to do with the unique DDLBs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks thomas!!!!!!!