cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Binding to View problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netweaver experts,

I have a bunch of problems binding a model to a view and looking for some hints what could be wrong :

I'm using Netweaver 2004 2.0.20.

I try to add a binding to a model class directly. Other classes of the same model are indirectly bound to my View since they are bound to the Component controllers context and then bound to the context of my view.

To bind the model to my view I created a Model node in my views context and bound the Model class to the node using the Model binding dialog. This seemed to work ok but when I tried to access the model node in my code I realised that I couldn't access it. On the other hand I could bind some value-nodes belonging to the same model node to a GUI element of my view e.g. a table.

But this caused a very big problem. After that and some calculation of my Netweaver IDE, my View couldn't import other members of its own package !! This bunch of imports do not work (import cannot be resolved) : import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IBusinessDevelopmentElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.ICBTeamElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IControlsElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IDataElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IDocumentsElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IEt_CbteamElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IFillingMachinesViewElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IFinancialDataElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IOpenItemsHeadingElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.IProductsElement; import domain.de.myaplication.wd.wdp.IPrivateMyView.ISystemsElement;

This also doesn't work anymore (wdThis and wdContext cannot be resolved) :

public MyView(IPrivateMyView wdThis)

{

this.wdThis = wdThis;

this.wdContext = wdThis.wdGetContext();

this.wdControllerAPI = wdThis.wdGetAPI();

this.wdComponentAPI = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent();

}

Even rolling back my model binding didn't help. I really don't know what happened to my view and how to enable it to resolve the imports above.

What could cause my View to loose access to its own package or other subpackages of its own package and where do I find the code to change that ?

Hope someone can help...

Best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denial,

It seems that problem with the Model binding, close your NWDS and open it and check your Model binding.

If problem still exits then repimport your model. and try to bind it once again.

Thanks

Anup

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hella all,

I resolved the problem by copying the Metamodel of an older stage of my project into my

folder and repairing it.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The problem is due to some invalid context. All the errors in the view implementation is because of that only. If you first resolve the error related to the view context first, it will resolve all other problems.

Go to Tasks, sort it for Errors. Go thru the errors list. Just ignore the errors related to the import problems in the view implementation. You can find some errors related to the context errors. May be some node is referring to node in the component controller which is not available now etc...

If you don't find any clue in tasks, then do the following steps:

1. Rebuild the webdynpro project.

2. If still errors are there, Close the IDE and open again.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

VJR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

right click on your application->repair->prject structure &classpath.

then your package structure will build again.

Regards.

punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most probably you have now some invalid context bindings/mappings in the meta-data which causes the code generation to fail. Please check your context structure for such invalid meta-data.

Armin