cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM LatestAPI + NWDI External Library DC + NWDI Portal Application - Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have an issue with MDM+NWDI scenario.

I created a external library DC with latest MDM JAVA API jars (not mdm4j but latest api). Created a public part of api and added all jars to this public part.

Later, I created a DC of type portal application (standalone) and added external library DC as a used DC with a dependency of BUILD.

I haven't added any sharing reference to portalapp.xml.

Now, when i activated, it got deployed successfuly. But at runtime i get an error classnotfounderror for commandexception. Usually we get these kind of classnotfound errors when there is missing references.

But I dont see any where which asks to give the sharing reference.

If anyone has used this kind of scenario using MDM libraries then could anyone of you let me know what i am missing.

Below is the error i get

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mdm/commands/CommandException

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I got the solution.

Actually i created a public part with compilation purpose only and gave a build dependecy to mdm jars.

But now, i have also created another public part with assembly purpose and gave the runtime dependency.

By updating this external library DC in the portal application dc all these jars placed at the time of deployment. This way it is able to find the jars at runtime and problem is solved.

Bye,

Raags