cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancements to WD components created using POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Folks,

I have worked on WD4A earlier. But POWL is a relatively newer concept to me.

I currently have a need to enhance WD screens which were generated using POWL (The SNC screens) . There are quite a few customizations which needs to be done. Earlier I had considered making a copy of the original and making the desired changes in the custom WD component. However, I realise now that on making a copy I might loose out all the POWL specific configurations. My next option seems to be to use the ENhancement Framework which takes away with it a lot of room which would have otherwise been available in terms of flexibility.

Any thoughts on this? Does the POWL itself had a provision to introduce Customer ENhancements to the existing standard WD generated code? Pardon my ignorance on this. I would be really thankful to someone who can throw a light on this.

Thanks and Be

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>My next option seems to be to use the ENhancement Framework which takes away with it a lot of room which would have otherwise been available in terms of flexibility.

I'm suprised by that statement. I've always seen the Enhacement Framework in WDA as being really powerful. What kinds of things do you think that you won't be able to acomplish with it?

The POWL, like the Floorplan Manager, does come with a lot of configuration entries. Sometimes you just copy and change these configurations to meet your needs. However with the complexity to the structure of the WD components that gets brought into play because of these frameworks; I would certainly try to stick with the Enhacement Framework rather than a copy and modify approach. In fact I would always try to use the Enhancement Framework instead of a copy approach in WDA in general.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agree with you Thomas that the Enhancement Framework for WDA is far more powerful than the conventional Enhancements allowed in the others, for instance an ABAP program. However, there were minor issues the last time I had used it. For instance, I was unable to change the Input Help value to Automatic from Deactivated for a Context node. I had to create a new Node and change the node mappings accordingly in order to achieve what I wanted.

I have decided to stick to the Enhancement Framework.

Thanks Thomas.

Best Regards,

Puja.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can get more help on WDA enhacements with this: [Web Dynpro Know-How That Every Developer Needs to Enhance SAP Solutions|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d4cef8-b7ed-2a10-66a3-c3a95715c8f1].

Regards.