Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Auth Objects per SU25 Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys tried some searches but did not find answer to my question.

I see SU25 pulled some new auth objects in the roles, I see this happening quiet a bit of IT roles not sure with the business.

My question is do I need to maintain all these new auth objects which were not in the earlier version, my idea disable them and go with earlier version auth objects. However I doubt they may come across auth issues.

Could you guys suggest me good practices, how we handle this.

other thought is maintain them by giving display only/minimum access.

Your Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

As a result of the upgrade the new auth. objects present in the newer version have been introduced corresponding to t-codes and also the values for some of the existing authorization objects have also been updated.

You should go to each of this auth.object, maintain it and then save and generate the profiles.

The best practice would be maintain it but however if you cannot find any clue as to what these auth. object does then you can maintain it by gving the minimum access i.e display access as you said.When an user would report of any issues you can address it then.

You can chk out the post by Sneha in the following thread which will be helpful.

Thanks,

Saby..