cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Language translation in the Navigation Link

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on dynamically changing the language based on the user's browser for the navigation link. I tried using {} and it does not work.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael Appleby, Michael Otto, and Jeremy for getting back to me. Yes, Ranga and I are working on the same project and when I talked to Sam about this similar issue, he wanted me to post it on SDN. Right now we are using different roles to handle the two different (e.g. French and English) navigation links. I just wanted to see if there was a dynamic solution. Thanks for all of your quick responses.

Van Vi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Van Vi,

when I get your question right, you are looking for a possibility to change the text of the navigation items, not the text inside a content page, correct?

I am using MII 12.0.2. The workaround for me was to create different roles like "XMII User EN", "XMII User DE" which contain the navigation item in the according language. The content pages contain tags like Michael mentioned, e.g. {##LBL_KEYWORD} in an *.irpt page. Those tags are set using the language set for the user in the NetWeaver UME.

Michael, is there a possibility to use this {} notation in the navigation in 12.1, so I do not have to create language based roles?

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The {##TOKEN} only work within irpt pages for localizing strings, and unfortunately does not apply to the navigation content links.

@Michael - your present solution with language specific roles for your users is the easiest way to accomplish this.

@Van - are you working on the same project as Ranga? He asked me the same thing the other day in an email...

Regards,

Jeremy

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

The localization still works the same way as in 12.0.

Never mind, Jeremy beat me to it.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Oct 24, 2008 1:47 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Van,

The user's localization/language setting comes from NetWeaver and depends upon setting up the localization tags in MII. You can reference them with {##KeyName} in your html. Localization is located on the main MII menu under Visualization Services. There is a short help section, but no mention of any dynamic capability. There is some utilization of localization within MII dealing with formatting dates and times in applets due in version 12.1.

Good luck,

Mike