cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query related to Printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to SAP. I have following queries related to printers which are to be configured in SAP.

1. Whether all the printers model are same ?

2. We may take printing on Dot Matrix or on laster jet or deskjet, will it be create problem if the printing

output is of standard paper size i.e. A3, A4 etc or incase of dot matrix 8 x 12 or 15 x 12.

3. In future if we going for printer of new model, will it required to change at report of form level like cheques printing, Invoice Printing (which are develped as per specific requirement and for pre-printed format paper)

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Printer models may each have their own 'device type'. While not the same as a driver, you can consider them similar. Most device types are built off one original device type called "HPLJ4". This stands for the actual printer model. Most models have their own device type, but will work with many. For example, if you assign HPLJ4000 device type to an HP Laserjet 8100, the printing will come out, but you may lose some of the functionality of the 8100.

2. SAP offers lots and lots of paper size options. If the one you need isn't available, it's easy to create one. Note, check the compatibility of printers before you buy them. service.sap.com/notes=> search for printer compatibility=>get lists of supported printers. You'll find that very few dot matrix printers are supported. If you don't find one supported, contact the manufacturer. Often, they have the software/device types you need to make them work with SAP.

3. If you change printer models for a form, there is a good chance that the printout will change. You should test and change the form as needed.