SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR10/SR20 SAP IS-U transactions

former_member181967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, i've an issue regarding SAP IS-U transactions SR10 and SR20, which stands for anytime that a city (SR10) or a street (SR20) are created i need to send some information to a file server.

I've found for each one a customer exit but in both cases, it occurs before the city code or the street code is generated by MF '....GET_NUMBER_NEXT' according the respective object (ADRCITY/ADRSTREET). I use this exits in modification (SR11/SR21).

No new screens/fields were added to this transactions.

So, what i need is any clue about how do i must get this information knowing that no other customer exit's is avaiable.

No changes to the standard are allowed by client.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

José M. Matos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned the requirement is to make an entry in file present in the application server whenever a new city/street is created. Which means, typically I believe the file is transfered to outside once everyday.

Usually address objects are uploaded/downloaded in mass. I think you can have custom program which run everynight in batch, picks up all street/city created during the day and enter them in the file. Technically this would be a simple solution.

Alternative you can use something like Enhancement set (adding custom code withing standard SAP programs).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/42/fc86e86af51a77e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

I am curious how often does your client create street and city. Usually it is less than 10 times in a year. In such case I would rather have everything done manually.

-Anand

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How about something like this:

• in the user-exit, write an entry to a custom table, stating which street/city you just created (based on the name and such)

• then, make a report that reads the custom table, selects all relevant data from ADRC, and makes your file. After which you delete the entry from the custom table

You could schedule the report to run every 5 mins, hour, day, ... based on the exact need of your data exchange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned the requirement is to make an entry in file present in the application server whenever a new city/street is created. Which means, typically I believe the file is transfered to outside once everyday.

Usually address objects are uploaded/downloaded in mass. I think you can have custom program which run everynight in batch, picks up all street/city created during the day and enter them in the file. Technically this would be a simple solution.

Alternative you can use something like Enhancement set (adding custom code withing standard SAP programs).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/42/fc86e86af51a77e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

I am curious how often does your client create street and city. Usually it is less than 10 times in a year. In such case I would rather have everything done manually.

-Anand

0 Kudos

>

> I am curious how often does your client create street and city. Usually it is less than 10 times in a year. In such case I would rather have everything done manually.

>

Distribution grid operating companies get new streets every single day! Just think of urbanisation projects, new industrial zones, etc...

Depending on the scenario, single entry of data and (near) real-time duplication to other systems can be a very valid requirement.